“The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to create a reality of the same intensity.”
- Alberto Giacometti
Artist Event Rules
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Artists must paint on location within a ten-mile radius (as the crow flies) of Victor City Hall.
- Only two-dimensional artwork is allowed.
- The artwork must be started and finished during the event dates.
- Blank canvasses must be date stamped by an event official during the Artist check-in. Finished paintings must show the date stamp.
- The maximum dimensions of paintings, including frame, may not exceed 30” x 30”. Please see different rules for Miniatures.
- Each artist may enter a maximum of four paintings in any combination of the following categories:
a. “En Plein Air”: Up to 3 paintings of a landscape or street scene done entirely on location and En Plein Air.
b. “Interior”: Only 1 painting from this category is allowed. The artist must be inside a Victor area building while painting the interior scene.
c. “Miniature”: Only 1 painting from this category is allowed and may be either an En Plein Air or interior subject. Maximum painting surface is 4” x 6”. Maximum 2" frame allowed.
- All artwork must be framed and affixed with wire hanger. One gallery wrapped canvas is acceptable.
- Artists must have a current biography on the back of each painting. Artists must provide two current biographies at Artists Check-In and one biography will be on display in gallery.
- Finished artwork is judged and prizes are awarded. See website for details.
- Brush-Rush: one historic site in Victor is selected and revealed at 9:00 AM. The event is open only to registered artists. One stamped unframed canvas is allowed, maximum size 14” x 18”. Artwork is returned to the Elks no later than 12:30 PM and judged by registered artists.
- Quick Draw: live models and props are available to registered artists to paint. Public judging on site at conclusion of event.
- Please also see a more detailed list of Artist Rules provided in your Artist Packet upon registration.
- Young at Art artists please see the Young at Art tab or contact 719-689-5836.