Young at Art 2017
Victor Celebrates the Art
1. VCTA will provide each artist with an 11 x 14 foam board, mat board, and plastic sleeve for hanging of art work. No framing of art work allowed.
2. Image space (opening in mat board) will be no larger than 8” x 10”.
3. Blank paper for artists’ work must be stamped with current VCTA stamp prior to painting. Stamping will begin on Friday, Auguest 25, at Gallery 80860, 102 S. 4th St. in Victor, CO.
4. Please make arrangements for turning in your art work by Thursday, Aug. 31, 6:00pm (719)689-5836.
5. Artists are encouraged to volunteer for Young at Art sales and the VCTA Show.
6. Artists must name and price their art (minimum price = $15).
7. Paintings (sold and unsold) must be picked up on Monday, Sept. 4 1:30 – 3:00pm.
8. VCTA reserves the right to pre-select art prior to hanging.
9. All Young at Art participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while painting.
10. Young at Art artists may participate in Brush Rush. This art is not judged, not eligible for a prize, for sale. The artwork will be displayed with other Young at Art work.
11. Prizes for VCTA Young at Art shall be High School Best in Show and Jr. High Best in Show.
Young at Art – Invited School Programs
1. In addition to the General Guidelines, only current art students in grades 6 - 12 may participate on location.
2. Time, place, and date of student artists’ visits to Victor for painting will be agreed upon by the Young at Art Coordinator and each schools’ respective art teacher.
3. VCTA encourages schools to promote summer art classes offered at the Victor’s Gold Camp Artists Co-op during the summer months.
4. Prizes for VCTA Young at Art shall be 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention for Jr. High (6-8) and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention for Sr. High (9-12) artists.